Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We Are Going On A Scavenger Hunt.....

We have a lot of fun walking around our neighborhood and take at least one walk a day (as long as the weather cooperates).  One of my kids' favorite things to do is to have a visual scavenger hunt.  Here is how it works....I draw pictures of all the objects they are to find on our walk.  You can make your list as short or as long as you like. For my youngest (age 2) I draw pictures of cats, dogs, trees, flowers, grass etc.  He needs help finding the objects and marking them off his list but boy is he happy when the list is finished.  For my oldest (age 7) I still draw pictures of the above objects (she and I have been playing this game for years and she isn't quite ready to give up pictures yet!) but I also give her words and 1-3 digit numbers to find.  This is a fun way to spice up a neighborhood walk and our kids enjoy it.  It encourages them to really look around and notice things about the area they live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment