Saturday, July 7, 2012

The other day a friend unexpectedly brought me flowers as a thank you which absolutely made my day.  However, the vases I own that are big enough to hold said flowers are being used as rock and shell collectors in my daughter's bedroom.  Soooooo I had to get creative in how I displayed my beautiful bouquet.  I spotted a child's sand bucket and inspiration struck.  I ripped open the envelope of flower food, filled the bucket with water, cut my flowers to fit and voila a summery, beach-themed bouquet was born.  I have also been known to use little glass Coca-Cola bottles as bud vases and the cans vegetables come in (with paper removed) as fun ways to display cut flowers from our backyard or flowers that my kids gift me with on our walks.  I have found that using what we already have in our homes is a fun, frugal and creative way to display flowers or other treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment