As I go about my day, random thoughts flow in and out and today in celebration of the first day of Spring (WooHoo!), I thought I would share a few. Disclaimer: These thoughts may or may not have anything to do with Spring!
1. No matter how unsettled or grumpy I may feel, seeing my little boy kick and spin his way across our living room always makes me smile. He can make me laugh out loud when he says things like "Stand back everyone, I am training to be a ninja!"
2. It is sunny, now it is cloudy, oooh sunny again, and..............cloudy! I could do this all day LONG since I live on the Central Oregon Coast. And uh-hum it is now Spring.
3. I should be folding the two loads of clothes on our bed (placed there so they get FOLDED before I can get into said bed), or sweeping the floors, or changing sheets on the kids' beds, or making a dozen bracelets for my daughter's birthday party game, or getting library books ready to return, or......but no, I am writing this post about random thoughts because I would much rather be writing than doing any of the above! :) The other stuff will all get done.....it always does!
4. My oldest daughter is about to turn nine and I am amazed at how often she says something to me that really makes me stop and think! When did she get so grown up and articulate????!?!?!
5. My seed order shipped today, my seed order shipped today, my seed order shipped today.....can't wait to plant!!!
6. Wait! My little girl is about to turn 9 which means she is halfway to 18 which means we are halfway through her growing up years here at home which means this mommy could potentially be a bit teary eyed for a minute!
7. My daughter just proclaimed that a spider we saw on a walk was CUTE!!! How can a daughter of mine think anything belonging to the arachnid species is cute!?!?! One thing for sure, I have grown to know and even appreciate more about creepy crawlies in the last several years than I ever thought possible. Thanks kids!
8. How does my husband go to sleep the minute his head hits the pillow. I need to learn how to do that!
9. I am really enjoying my daughter's Story of the World history curriculum. Today if the weather holds we get to make a brick!
10. OK now I am laughing because of how excited I am to do a science experiment that involves us making a brick! It is like I am in 3rd grade all over again!
Happy Spring everyone!